Sat, 29 Jun|
Celebrating Imperial Global Alumni Weekend at Tai Kwun Centre
Come and celebrate with your IC friends at a World’s 100 Greatest Place 2018 listed by TIME revitalised by our IC alum!
Time & Location
29 Jun 2019, 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Old Bailey, Old Bailey St, Central, Hong Kong
About The Event
Just a few weeks since our last event, this time ICAAHK would love to invite you to jointly celebrate the global big event for every year, the Imperial Global Alumni Weekend at the Tai Kwun Centre for Heritage and Arts, one of the World’s top 100 Greatest Places listed by TIME of 2018. As you may already know, the highly respected Victorian-styled Tai Kwun reopened in May 2018 was revitalised by our distinguished Alumnus Ir. John Latter (Member of City and Guilds Hong Kong; Civil Engineering 1976) with his 8-year hard work as the director of the project.
At the event, John will exhibit and share with you the in-and-out of his revitalization project. You will be surprised about how he identified and sent the screws and bricks all the way from the UK to Hong Kong, for preserving the real faces of the 150-year-old historical place together with how his life at Imperial has laid a solid foundation to his successes in his 40+ years professional career.
During the event ICAAHK will join in with members on the ground in London, live from Alumni Weekend.
The event will be held in the Old Bailey at Tai Kwun and the ticket will include drinks and canapés in this new Herzog de Meuron space.
Few facts about Tai Kwun Centre for Heritage and Arts
- World’s 100 Greatest Place 2018 listed by TIME
- Former Central Police Compound established in 1862 by the
- Our distinguished Alumnus John Latter, Project Director, led the 8-year HKD 3.8bn (~GBP 380mn) Revitalisation project
Few facts about Great Imperial Exhibition Cocktail in Hong Kong
- Date: 29th June, 2019 (Saturday)
- Time: 6:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
- Venue: Old Bailey - 2/F JC Contemporary, Tai Kwun, Old Bailey Street, Central, Hong Kong (closest entrance is the Blue Gate)
- Price: HKD 350 per head (Serve with wine and palatable canapes)
- Capacity: 60 people (seats are limited and please RSVP asap if you don’t want to miss the great event!)
- Synchronises with the debut of an exhibition of Takashi Murakami at the gallery on the same floor